DeKUT was born of deep commitment of service to society by the founders, of the acts of charity, and through donations by the local community and many well wishers from different parts of the world. The main draw for the contributions was the idea of building an institution which would empower young people to develop themselves and contribute to societal transformation. It is in this spirit that DeKUT staff, alumni and students fraternity are appealing to individuals, groups or institutions, who are keen to partner with us in walking this historic journey of empowering our young people, to donate to DeKUTEF. Every contribution counts. One may also contribute by participating in any of the charitable activities organized in support of the Fund. The University has set up an Endowment (Advancement) Office, charged with the responsibility of coordinating and handling matters related to the endowment fund and other resource mobilization initiatives.
Individuals or institutions can contribute through any one of the following ways:
1. Direct Monetary Contributions (Cheque/M-Pesa) Donations can be made preferably in form of cheque or M-Pesa deposits. Cheques can be written in-favor-of “DeKUT Endowment Fund” while M-Pesa deposits can be made via Paybill number 222184 and account name shall be Contributor’s Name.
2. Participating in University events: One may contribute by participating in events organized by the University or University Allumni Association for this purpose.
3. Bursaries and prizes.
4. Scholarships and fellowships
5. Sponsorship of events: Individuals or institutions can partner with the University and sponsor some of the events organized by the University, or their teams to take part in these events.
6. Grants to the University under specified programmes
7. Other options: Other means of participating are agreeable and can be discussed with the officers whose contacts are given.
The University may incorporate the name of the contributor(s) or the name of the person they want to honor with their gift, especially for the contributions made in kind, bursaries and prizes. This may be through a decision of the university or by naming of items or activities associated with them such buildings, roads, scholarships, bursaries, and fellowships, perpetual challenge cups, placing of appropriately worded plaques, and by appearing in the roll of honors.